The Administrative Team
Ryan Weberg, Pastor
Pastor Weberg was born into a Christian family in southern Minnesota, and was saved at the age of three, when his mother presented to him John 3:16, substituting his own name for “whosoever.” Though he grew up attending a Christian school, ministry was not his focus, until as a junior in high school, he required knee surgery after a soccer injury. Sidelined from an entire season of basketball, he realized that sports had become his god. Following surgery and several months of therapy, he went with his youth group on a mission trip. It was during that week that he realized the joy of Christian ministry and surrendered to a life of full-time Christian service. Since then, God has led him to the pastorate, serving three years as a youth pastor in central PA, and as senior pastor of Valley View Bible Church since March of 2008.
Ryan, and his wife, Colleen, are the proud parents of five children: Kyle, Caleb, Kimberly, Caressa, and Kailey. Pastor Weberg earned both his M.Div. and Th.M. from Calvary Baptist Theological Seminary.
Dan Black, Deacon (Chairman)
Dan was blessed to be born into an active church-attending family in western PA, which tried to be in church every time the doors were open. During one of those times, at the age of eight, he accepted Christ as Savior through the saving grace of Jesus. He has been actively serving in various capacities through the years as the Lord has moved him around to different areas in the US. The Lord gave him the opportunity to go on two mission trips and serve as a short-term missionary in the Philippines. A few years later, he met Heather, and they married. The Lord used a change in employment to bring him to them to the region, and thus, to Valley View. He is thankful to use his God-given talents in the work of the ministry.
Jon Zeisler, Deacon
Jon was raised in a church-attending family, but it wasn’t until a youth/teen retreat when he realized the weightiness of his sin and his need for salvation, only made possible by the amazing grace of Jesus’ work on the cross on his behalf, that he accepted Christ as his Savior. After relocating for an employment opportunity in electronics engineering, he plugged into local Bible studies, which ignited his hunger to dig into God’s Word. A few years later, he married Erica; and as an answer to many prayers, they were blessed with twin daughters: Daphne and Zoey. A little over a year later, another blessing of a son, Wesley, was added to their family. Jon is thankful for God’s patience as he strives to live out his faith in everyday life.
Article V — Church Organization
Section 1 — Congregational Rule
- The church acknowledges Jesus Christ as its only head and the Bible as its only infallible guide in matters of faith and leadership.
- Its government is vested in its active membership and executed through the Administrative Team.
- This congregation functions not as a pure democracy, but as a body under the headship of the Lord Jesus Christ and the direction of the pastor as the undershepherd with the counsel of the deacons. Determinations of the internal affairs of this church are ecclesiastical matters and shall be determined exclusively by the church’s own rules and procedures. The pastor shall oversee and/or conduct all aspects of this church. The deacons shall give counsel and assistance to the pastor as delineated herein or as requested by him.
Section 2 — Administrative Team
- The Administrative Team shall consist of the pastor(s) and deacons, with the senior pastor serving as the chairman of the Administrative Team, and the chairman of the deacons serving as the vice-chairman.
- As an accommodation to legal relationships outside the church, the pastor shall serve as the president of the corporation, the chairman of the deacons as the vice president of the corporation, the recording secretary as the secretary of the corporation, and the treasurer of the church as the treasurer of the corporation.
Article VI — Pastors
Section 1 — Qualifications of Senior Pastor
- The pastor of this church shall be in harmony with both the Statement of Faith and the constitution of Valley View Bible Church.
- He must display the personal qualifications for the office of pastor described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-3.
- He shall not be a member of any ecclesiastical group or fellowship associated with ecumenism or spiritual compromise.
Section 2 — Duties of Senior Pastor
- According to 1 Timothy 3:1-7,Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4, the office of pastor provides tender leadership in the work of the ministry. As such, his authority is not dictatorial, but self-sacrificing (i.e., as the Chief Shepherd – Christ).
- He shall devote himself to prayer and the ministry of the Word and shall be at liberty to preach the whole counsel of the Word of God as the Lord leads him.
- He shall have the general oversight of the spiritual life of the church, regular services, and the administration of the ordinances of the church.
- He shall be responsible to the church as its delegated authority for the creation, direction, assignment, operation, and evaluation of all the church’s ministries.
Article VII — Deacons
Section 1 — Composition
- The qualifications of deacons shall be those set forth in 1 Timothy 3:8-12 and Acts 6:1-6.
Section 2 — Duties
According to Acts 6:1-6 and 1 Timothy 3:8-12, the office of deacon provides assistance to the pastor[s] in the work of the ministry. As such, their authority is not inherent, but delegated (i.e., by the pastor[s]).
The deacons are responsible to the church at all times and in all matters.